Saturday, September 8, 2012

What Are You Eating? It Can't Be Healthy....

I've had a few people ask me about the Whole 30... who am I kidding?  I've had a boatload of people email me about it and ask questions.

Some people have been very concerned about what I'm eating.

Relax... here's a great example of what I'm eating...

Today, for breakfast, I had an omelet made with whole eggs, salsa and half an avocado.  I had 2 pieces of bacon.  I had a nectarine.

For lunch, I had a salad with about 5 oz of chicken I baked earlier in the week with a chipotle rub, black olives, half a tomato,  a piece of bacon crumbled and a dressing I made out of homemade mayo and the other half of the avocado.

I snacked on some macadamia nuts.

Tonight for dinner, I'm having a pork loin roast, crockpot apples (apples with cinnamon) and some potatoes diced and sauteed in butter with herbs.

See- I'm starving....  not.

I was not great about working out this week because of the holiday and my trip thrown in on my normal work out day.  But honestly, I'm not upset- I just missed some days, nothing awful. We're biking tomorrow and I will grab a quick work out. 

In my first 2 weeks, I've lost 7 1/2 pounds.  Working out like I always have, eating more calories.

It's crazy.

I need to back off the nuts this week to help get the pace back up, but as you can tell, I'm clearly not starving. 

And this week's takeaway-- not only is my skin soft, but my mental acuity is back.  Freakishly back.  I can concentrate.  I listen better.  It's all good.  I thought that was gone with motherhood.  Nope.

I have so much energy, I don't need coffee to get started in the morning. It's probably because I'm sleeping through the night. 

So for all the naysayers that think this a diet-- it's not.  It's going to take a LOT to get me to stop eating like this.  I'm serious.  I feel that good.  This week was a crazy busy and while I am tired, I am not exhausted.

When I was cutting calories and counting everything, I was tired, hungry and got nowhere.

I am so happy that I found this.  Who would have thought my "healthy" diet full of oatmeal, yogurt, and all things fresh and good was making me sick?

And yet it was.




1 comment:

  1. Nuts are my nemesis too. I honestly have begun to believe that I just need to not eat them as I seem to have no off button.

    ReplyDelete